As we safely enjoy the holidays, we want to thank you for your support throughout the year and wish you warm wishes this holiday season. We are working to make an impact in the El Paso community and it would not be possible without you. With your support, the GECU Foundation* donated more than $400,000 in 2020, and more than half of those funds assisted COVID-19-related causes. When we come together, we can make a big difference.
The GECU Foundation assisted with …
- Giving 900 backpacks filled with school supplies to elementary school students
- Helping to combat hunger in our community
- Donating to help rebuild homes
- Supporting low-income first-time mothers
- Contributing to the purchase of high-level sterilization machines to sterilize isolation rooms for COVID-19 patients
- Providing funds for unfunded patients in hospice care
- Donating funds to provide coats to children
- Contributing to replenish resources for people affected by sexual and domestic violence, such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), toiletries, food and medical supplies
- Donating funds to help with the distribution of PPE and more
The GECU Foundation is focused on philanthropy, which helps improve the well-being of those around us by preventing and solving social problems. Philanthropy is not the same as charity. Charity focuses on eliminating the suffering caused by social problems, while philanthropy focuses on eliminating social problems.
We are grateful for your support and we look forward to what the new year will bring. Happy holidays and thank you for being part of the movement!
*The GECU Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity established to maximize philanthropic efforts benefiting education, community programs and charitable giving. If you itemize deductions on your federal tax return, you may be entitled to claim your donation to the GECU Foundation as a charitable deduction. Please consult your tax adviser.