GECU strongly supports education in our community and we are proud to be the official credit union of UTEP Athletics. We teamed up with UTEP Athletics to bring you the perfect opportunity for any child ages 12 and younger to be part of a fun, exclusive group, enjoy exclusive club perks and events, and learn how to be financially smart — the Miners Kids Club presented by GECU!
Registering for the club with UTEP is easy. For only $25, the membership comes with …
- A welcome packet with Kids Club ID card and lanyard
- An official club T-shirt
- A birthday card from Paydirt Pete and Dru Blue
- Exclusive access to Kids Club events
- In-game opportunities at UTEP Athletics events
- The opportunity to open a GECU Miners Kids Club Youth Savings account*
- Special invites to GECU financial education events and activities
- A $10 deposit to your GECU Miners Kids Club Youth Savings account when two recurring transfers are completed in GECU Online Banking**
- Paydirt Pete and Dru Blue photo opportunities
- The opportunity to be the GECU Game Ball Kid of the Game
- Free admission to one predetermined UTEP game for football, soccer, volleyball, softball, and women’s and men’s basketball
To join the club, visit utepminers.com/kidsclub. After you receive your registration-confirmation email, open your GECU Miners Kids Club Youth Savings account by calling 778.9221, toll-free at 1.800.772.4328, or by visiting any GECU location!
*A Miners Kids Club membership is required to open a GECU Miners Kids Club Youth Savings account. A minimum opening deposit of $20 will be funded by GECU at account opening. APY (Annual Percentage Yield) of 0.25% is dependent on the share account opened and is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date. Rates may change after the account is opened. Rates are accurate as of July 14, 2020. Limit one account per Miners Kids Club membership. GECU will provide tax reporting to recipient and Internal Revenue Service. Learn how to become a member at gecu.com.
**Receive a one-time deposit of $10 into the GECU Miners Kids Club Youth Savings account when recurring transfers are set up through GECU Online Banking and two transfers are completed within the first three months of opening the account. Limit one deposit per account.