Shredding your documents is a good way to protect your identity and the planet!
Are you wondering what you should shred? Here’s a quick guide to help you decide what you may want to shred.
Why should I shred?
ID Protection — When you shred your personal information, you are getting ahead in protecting your identity from criminals.
Sustainability — Shredding and recycling helps us save our planet. Your shredded documents will be recycled, which helps reduce waste.
- For every ton of paper recycled …
- 7,000 gallons of water are saved
- 17–31 trees are saved
- 4,000 kW of electricity is saved
- 60 pounds of airborne pollutants are not expelled
Save Space — Shredding can allow you to save space by removing documents you no longer need.
Peace of Mind — Rest easy knowing you are protecting yourself and your loved ones by shredding sensitive material.
What should I shred?
- Documents that contain financial/account information
- Bank statements
- Voided checks
- Employee pay stubs
- Credit card information
- Copies of sales receipts
- Documents that contain personal information
- Photo IDs
- Employment records
- Junk mail
- These documents contain sensitive information, such as name, address, phone number or email
GECU is very excited to offer free shredding services for the community at our Shred Day!
Saturday, April 14
1225 Airway Blvd.
We’ll have giveaways and refreshments* — make sure you come by with documents that need shredding!
*While supplies last.